Kanban Task Manager Plans
is what we want to see in future versions of Kanban Task
Manager. The plans are valid for both SharePoint editions,
sandboxed solution and add-in.
The priorities are fluent, but
if you like a feature and wish to make it reality soon,
you are very welcome to
sponsor it. Then we will put "your" feature
at the top of the list.
We also welcome all suggestions for future development,
whether your organization has a possibility to sponsor it
- We are currently working on a modern web part
edition that can be used with Teams.
- Add a support for the Gantt view.
- A possibility to filter by date in the Daily
- Add an e-mail management feature, so that
organizations can handle e-mail conversations on the
kanban board, all the way from the initial issue report
to the final closing of the ticket. This way Kanban
Task Manager can be used for issue tracking and
user support as well as for projects management.
- An option to restrict the number of displayed
closed tasks and only show tasks from the latest
X hours, or the latest X tasks, in the Finished/Done/Completed
phase – that is, the phase to where closed tasks
should be moved. The hidden tasks will not be removed
from the database/SharePoint list. Instead they will
be retained for statistics purposes.
- Archiving feature. It will be possible to
export completed tasks to a separate SharePoint list.
- We will create tutorials showing how to use the
built-in SharePoint features to import data from
other systems and create alerts and workflows to send
reminders or notifications.
- The creator of the task will be shown in
a label in the Kanban Task Manager toolbar.
- Add a connection between Kanban Task Manager
and the SharePoint calendar.
- Add a possibility to export the current kanban board
to a PDF file, so that it can be printed.
- We will give a possibility to add a link
from a project in the Projects list to the Kanban
Task Manager view showing only tasks for that project.
- Moving more of the functionalities of Kanban
Task Manager Add-in to the host web to avoid
problems of cross-site scripting , the need of having
a special edit form and improving the working of the
"My Tasks" embedding.