Excel 2016 from Scratch
Visualization C, Table, Data Bars and Graph
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter
Kalmstrom shows how to create a table from a range of cells,
add data bars and select a graph.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
- How to fix the number format by adding delimiters
to numbers in the selected cells.
- How to format a range of cells as a table by using
the Format as Table tool. Note that this is possible
only if the range has no blank rows or columns!
- Table Tools options like filter, Summarize
with PivotTable, Remove Duplicates, Convert to Range
and Export table to SharePoint list.
- How to add data bars by using the Conditional
- How to add Data Bars by using the Quick Analysis
- How to add a chart by using the Quick Analysis tool.
- How to move the chart to a new sheet by using the
Move Chart tool.
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization
tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.