Excel 2016 from Scratch
Visualization C – Table, Data Bars and Graph
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom shows
how to create a table from a range of cells, add data bars and select a graph.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
- How to fix the number format by adding delimiters to numbers in the selected
- How to format a range of cells as a table by using the Format as Table
tool. Note that this is possible only if the range has no blank rows or columns!
- Table Tools options like filter, Summarize with PivotTable, Remove
Duplicates, Convert to Range and Export table to SharePoint list.
- How to add data bars by using the Conditional Formatting tool.
- How to add Data Bars by using the Quick Analysis tool.
- How to add a chart by using the Quick Analysis tool.
- How to move the chart to a new sheet by using the Move Chart tool.
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are
the same for earlier versions of Excel.