Excel 2016 from Scratch
Visualization B, Pie Chart, Shape Fill
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In an earlier demo you have learnt about the Pie Chart.
Excel has many more pie chart variations to select from
and you can change them in many ways.
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter
Kalmstrom shows how to select different variations of pie
chart, how to customize the pie chart and how to move the
chart to another sheet.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
- How to insert a Pie Chart.
- How the chart changes when the data selection changes.
- How to change the location of the chart to a new
sheet using the Move Chart tool.
- How to change the font size and color of
the configurable objects on the pie chart.
- How to select different layouts of the chart by
using the Quick Layout tool.
- How to do undo and reach to the previous original
layout of the pie chart.
- How to fill a part of the pie chart with a picture
using the Shape Fill tool.
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization
tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.