Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Relative Cell Reference
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter
Kalmstrom explains how formulas with relative cell references
Peter calculates Buy values, Current values and Differences
of Stock by using formulas for plus, minus and multiplication.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics
are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to add a currency to cells with numbers.
- How to start a calculation.
- What a relative reference means.
- How to create a formula that multiplies two cells
with relative references.
- How to create a formula that calculates the difference
between two cells with relative references.
- How to calculate the sum of a column using the AutoSum
- How to expand formulas with relative references
to more cells.