Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Relative Cell Reference
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom explains
how formulas with relative cell references work.
Peter calculates Buy values, Current values and Differences of Stock by using
formulas for plus, minus and multiplication.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics are the same for
earlier versions of Excel.
- How to add a currency to cells with numbers.
- How to start a calculation.
- What a relative reference means.
- How to create a formula that multiplies two cells with relative references.
- How to create a formula that calculates the difference between two cells
with relative references.
- How to calculate the sum of a column using the AutoSum button.
- How to expand formulas with relative references to more cells.