Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom
shows how to create a formula that multiplies the value
of one cell with the value of another cell.
As an example Peter uses different articles, which price
should be calculated by weight and price per kilo.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics
are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to multiply the values of two cells.
- How to check of the formula works as it should.
- How to use Ctrl + z to undo.
- How to fill new cells with the same kind of formula.
- How to autosum all calculated values.
- How to add a currency format to cells.
- How to format a cell so that it has a border
at the bottom.
- How to add a percentage sign to a number.