Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Calculate Sums C
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom expands his explanation on how to calculate sums using the AutoSum button. Here he shows how you can select a lot of cells and get autosums for all.
Exercise If you want to try the exercise yourself, please download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
Content This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
If you are observant you will see that Peter misses to select one column when he does the last AutoSum selection, so that column is not included in the sum.
- How to create AutoSum formulas and select the cells to include.
- How to fill formulas with relative references into more cells.
- How to autosum the cells above.
- How to autosum the cells to the left.
- How to autosum the cells above AND the cells to the left at the same time.
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics are the same for earlier versions of Excel.