Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Calculate Sums D
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter
Kalmstrom explains how to use the AutoSum function in different
Peter uses sales of hardware from stores in four cities
for each quarter as an example. He calculates the sum for
each town and hardware and quater using AutoSum and formulas,
and calculates total budget of all cells by using formulas.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics
are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to use AutoSum to calculate the sum of the values
in one row.
- How to apply a formula on a whole column.
- How to use the AutoSum function in different ways
- How to copy format from the Format Painter and
apply on multiple cells.
- How to select different cells and calculate the
sum of the values in those cells.