Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization K, Pivot Table and Graph, Databars, Slicer
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom goes through some Excel features that have already been mentioned in earlier visualization demos, so consider this exercise a repetition before we continue with more advanced features.
Exercise If you want to try the exercise yourself, please download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
Content This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to format a range of cells as a table.
- How to add databars to a column.
- How to insert a slicer that makes it easy to filter data by the selected parameter.
- How to create a pivot table to summarize data.
- How to create a view in a pivot table.
- How to insert a chart that visualizes the pivot table view.
- How to expand and collaps fields in the pivot table.