Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization K, Pivot Table and Graph, Data bars, Slicer
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom
goes through some Excel features that have already been
mentioned in earlier visualization demos, so consider this
exercise a repetition before we continue with more advanced
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization
tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to format a range of cells as a table.
- How to add data bars to a column.
- How to insert a slicer that makes it easy to filter
data by the selected parameter.
- How to create a pivot table to summarize data.
- How to create a view in a pivot table.
- How to insert a chart that visualizes the pivot
- How to expand and collapse fields in the pivot table.