Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization L – Slicers, Pivot Table and Chart
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom goes
through another exercise on how to visualize data.
In the demo below Peter illustrates fictitious revenues from different
company branches per quarter.
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo and try the exercise before you watch the demos.
This is shown in the
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are
the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to convert a range of cells to a table.
- How to add a totals row which summarizes the values in a column to the table.
- How to add slicers for columns.
- How to color slicers.
- How to select several options in a slicer.
- How to insert a pivot table and create views.
- How to insert a pivot chart that illustrate the view.
- How to move the pivot chart to another sheet.