Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization L, Slicers, Pivot Table and Chart
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom
goes through another exercise on how to visualize data.
In the demo below Peter illustrates fictitious revenues
from different company branches per quarter.
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo and try
the exercise before you watch the demos.
This is shown in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization
tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to convert a range of cells to a table.
- How to add a totals row which summarizes the values
in a column to the table.
- How to add slicers for columns.
- How to color slicers.
- How to select several options in a slicer.
- How to insert a pivot table and create views.
- How to insert a pivot chart that illustrate the
- How to move the pivot chart to another sheet.