Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization J – Pivot Table and Graph, Slicer
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom shows how
to make data easier to analyze by presenting it in a pivot table and a
Peter also shows how you can filter data quickly by adding a slicer.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to add thousand separators to a range of cells.
- How to format a range of cells as a table.
- How to create a pivot table to summarize data.
- How to create a view in a pivot table.
- How to collapse a field in a pivot table by right clicking.
- How to insert a chart that visualizes the pivot table view.
- How to insert and remove a slicer.