Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization E – Quick Analysis, data bars
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
people think it is easier to understand data when data is visualized, and
Excel can help with that in many ways.
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom shows
how to use data bars and the Quick Analysis tool.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are
the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to convert a range of cells to a table.
- How to sort column data in a table ascending.
- How to filter column data in a table to only show values less
than a certain value.
- How to add conditional formatting in the form of data bars to a column.
- How to reach and use the Quick Analysis.
- How to reach the Rules Editor to create custom formatting.