Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization I – Pivot Table, Grouped View
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom shows how
to make data easier to grasp by presenting it in a pivot table and create
a view that groups the data per week.
Peter also shows how to calculate week numbers and how to insert a chart based
on the pivot table view.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to format a range of cells as a table.
- How to add a column to the table.
- How to write a formula for week number calculation.
- How to give cells a General number format.
- How to create a pivot table to summarize data.
- How to create a view in a pivot table.
- How to expand a field in a pivot table.
- How to insert a chart that visualizes the pivot table view.