Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Bind Datasheets B
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom
shows how to fetch values from one Excel sheet to a formula
in another sheet, so that changes in the source sheet will
reflect in the other sheet.
As an example Peter uses production prices for different
kinds of ice creams, but this way of fetching info from
other sheets can of course be used for any calculation.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
Now Peter is moving to a bit more complex calculation than
he has shown before in this Excel series.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics
are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to calculate the sum of all ingredients costs
for a batch by using the AutoSum button.
- How to calculate the production price of one ice-cream
by using a formula that counts division.
- How to change the number format into dollars.
- How to create a formula to add a value from one
sheet into another sheet.
- How to copy a format from one cell to another.