Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
The Logical IF Function
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
Excel IF function is a formula that checks whether a condition
is met or not. It returns one value if the condition is
met, TRUE, and another value if it is not met, FALSE.
In this exercise in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series,
Peter Kalmstrom explains how the Excel IF function works
and how IF formulas are created. He shows some simple examples
and then gives the solution to the exercise.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel calculation
functions are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to enter a logical test in an IF-statement.
- How to reach the next parameter if you are
writing the IF-statement directly in the cell.
- How to use the parameters "value-if-true"
- How to test IF-statements.
- How to use the Function Guide to create an
- How to avoid hardcoding numbers in IF-statements
but use cell references instead.