Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
The Logical IF Function
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom The Excel IF function is a formula that checks whether a condition is met or not. It returns one value if the condition is met, TRUE, and another value if it is not met, FALSE.
In this exercise in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom explains how the Excel IF function works and how IF formulas are created. He shows some simple examples and then gives the solution to the exercise.
Exercise If you want to try the exercise yourself, please download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
Content This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel calculation functions are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to enter a logical test in an IF-statement.
- How to reach the next parameter if you are writing the IF-statement directly in the cell.
- How to use the parameters "value-if-true" and "value-if-false".
- How to test IF-statements.
- How to use the Function Guide to create an IF-statement formula.
- How to avoid hardcoding numbers in IF-statements but use cell references instead.