Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Calculate Week Days and Week Numbers
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom calculates
week days and week numbers from dates. After that creates a pivot table and
a chart that shows volumes for different centers during certain years.
The week days and week numbers are new, but the demo also repeats many other
Excel features that Peter has shown earlier in this course.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are
the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to convert a range of cells to a table.
- How to add a column to a table.
- How to calculate week days from dates.
- How to calculate week numbers from dates.
- How to create a pivot table to summarize data.
- How to create a view in the pivot table.
- How to group data by year in the pivot table view.
- How to create a stacked column chart to visualize the pivot table view.