Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Calculate Time Spans and Averages
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom
uses an employee register as an example.
He shows how to create a formula that calculates how long
the employee has been with the company and he gets other
information by using the Totals average function.
To filter data by gender and martial statusi Peter adds
Finally he creates a pivot table that shows the marital
status of the employees and visualizes the result in a pie
chart that shows percentage.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization
tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to format a range of cells as a table.
- How to add a column to the right in a table by writing
in a cell to the right of it.
- How to write a formula that calculates the time
between now and a specified time.
- How to add a Totals row and calculate averages.
- How to insert a pivot table and create a view that
shows martial status.
- How to insert a chart that visualizes the pivot
table view and shows the figures in percentage.