Sync SharePoint Tasks List with Outlook
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
In this tutorial in the SharePoint Online from Scratch
series, Peter Kalmström, shows how to connect a SharePoint
tasks list to Outlook. The SharePoint list is added to the
Outlook Tasks as a separate tasks folder, and you can work
with the tasks while off-line. When you are connected to
SharePoint again, the tasks will be synchronized.
These are the steps to connect a SharePoint tasks list to
When you refresh your SharePoint page you will see the tasks
you have created in Outlook.
- Open Outlook.
- In SharePoint, under the LIST tab, go to the ‘Connect &
Export’ ribbon group and click on ‘Connect to Outlook’.
- In Microsoft Outlook, a dialog will open to confirm
“Connect this SharePoint Task List to Outlook?” Click
- Now you will get all tasks in the SharePoint list
available in a folder inside your Outlook.
- To create a new task in Outlook, click on the New
Task button under the Home tab.
- Type or select an assigned person for the task list
and write the subject.
- Click on Save & Close.