Add Meeting Notes Content Type to List
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, is showing a way to
use SharePoint to automate taking meeting notes and handling
meetings and meeting decisions in general.
demo Peter created a new content type for meeting notes
based on the Item content type and added the columns he
needed to it.
In the demo below Peter describes how to add this content
type to a list.
Peter has created his content type in the
Content Type Hub,
so that he does not have to create new content types for
each site collection.
Add a content type to a SharePoint list
- Create a new app based on the Custom template and
make your preferred changes to it. (Peter adds the list
to the Quick Launch and enables version history.)
- Allow management of content types under List Settings >Advanced
- In the new Content Type group in the list settings,
click on the link 'Add from existing site content types'.
- Add the content type for meeting notes.
- Remove the default content type, Items.
- Make any view changes you prefer. Peter also makes
the Department field default, as the list is used in
a team site for one department.