Content Type for Meeting Notes
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, is showing a way to
use SharePoint to automate taking meeting notes and handling
meetings and meeting decisions in general.
In the demo below Peter describes how to create an Item
Content Type for the meeting notes. He creates the new content
type in the Content
Type Hub, so that he does not have to create content
types for each site collection.
Create a content type for meeting notes in the Content
Before Peter adds the Managed Metadata column for Department
he opens the SharePoint Admin Center and adds the metadata
he needs in the
- In the Content Type Hub, open the Site Settings
and click on the 'Site content types' link in the Web
Designer Galleries group.
- Click on the Create link.
- Create a new list content type for meeting notes.
This list content type should inherit from the regular
(It is also possible to use a document content type
and a document.)
- Add the content type to an existing group or create
a new group for it and click OK.
- Add site columns to the content type. Peter adds
the following columns:
- A Comments column from existing site columns.
- A new site column for Meeting comments. Multipe
lines of text. Append changes to existing text.
Peter adds a new group for it, and the rest of the
new site columns are added to the same group.
- A new site column for Chairperson. Person or
- A new site column for Internal Attendees. Person
or Group. Allow multiple choices.
- A new site column for External Attendees. Multipe
lines of text. Plain text.
- A new site column for Action Point. Hyperlink.
- A new site column for Departments. Managed Metadata
connected to the Departments term store.
- Publish the content type.