Phone Messages Enterprise Solution – Create Content
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
demonstration Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, explained his reasons
for creating a scalable solution that can be used in the
For that you should create a content type in the Content
Type Hub, and that is what Peter does in the demo below.
Create a content type in the Content Type Hub
Peter continues with creating new site columns to the content
type. He adds them all in the same new site column group.
- Open the Content Type Hub.
- Click on the settings gear and select Site settings.
- Click on 'Site content types' in the Web Designer
- Click on the Create link to create a new content
- Give the content type a name.
- Base the new content type on the Item in the List
Content Types group.
- Put the content type in an existing or new content
- Click OK.
This is done in nearly the same way as when
creating list columns,
but the title column cannot be renamed. That would rename
the column for the whole tenancy.
When the columns have been created, click on the link 'Manage
publishing for this content type'. Publish is already selected
by default, so you only have to click OK.