Create a Phone Messages List
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
SharePoint to automate the distribution of phone messages
within an organization. This is the second article in a
In the demo below Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, shows how to create
a simple SharePoint list app for phone messages, a list
that can satisfy a small company or a limited number of
users. (In later articles we will show a more advanced solution
that will work over many site collections in a SharePoint
tenancy or farm.)
Create a simple phone messages list app
- Click on the settings gear and select 'Add an app'.
- Click on the Custom List icon.
- Give the list a name and click on Create.
- (The list will now show up under Recent in the Quick
Launc. Click on EDIT LINKS and drag the new list out
- Open the LIST tab and click on the List Settings
- Open the Title column and rename it to another single
line of text field, like Caller phone number. Click
- Click on the Create column link in the List Settings
to create a single line of text column for Caller name.
- Create a People or Group column for the called person
- Create a Yes/No column for Returned and set the
default value to No.