Create a helpdesk list
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article we have looked at two
SharePoint list apps: the Tasks list and the Issue Tracking list. Both are
suitable for a helpdesk team, but both can be much better with some modification.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, gives a suggestion on what to think about and how to modify
the default SharePoint Issue tracking list if it should be used by a support
team. In subsequent articles we will go into more detail on list modification.
This first article is just a start.
Issue Tracking list settings and modifications
- When the list has been created and is displayed under Recent in the Quick
Launch, Edit the Quick Launch and drag the list link to the permanent links.
- Make sure Versioning is enabled, so that you can see different versions
of the list items.
- Make sure that multiple selection is not allowed for the Assigned To
column. Add a new column for other people you want to assign a task to instead
of allowing mulitple selection.
- Change the Category names into something that suits your team. Write
the new name in alphabetical order.
- (Delete the Related Issues column.)