A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
CamelCase writing is when you write two separate words together without a
space and use capital first letters in both words. SharePoint is a
good example, just like the kalmstrom.com product TimeCard.
In this tutorial in the SharePoint Online from Scratch series, Peter
Kalmström, shows how you can have both nice looking URLs and good app names.
These are the steps to have a good URL plus a good app name when you create
a new app:
Now you have a good URL without spaces, but the app name looks strange. To
change it, do like this. (The URL will not be changed.)
- Open the Site Contents and click on ‘add an app’.
- Add any app.
- Type the name in CamelCase that you want to give to your library app
and click on ‘Create’.
- Open the newly created app.
- Go to the Library tab and click on ‘Library Settings’ in the Settings
- In the Settings page, click on the link – ‘List name description and
- Change the name and click on Save.
Click on the List Settings button under the ribbon LIST tab and then on the
link ‘Title, description and navigation’. Change the name and click on Save.