Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Calculate Sums, Total, Max and Min
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom explains how
to calculate sum, totals, maximum and minimum.
Peter uses cars as examples. He calculates the total miles for each car per
day and week by using AutoSum, and he also finds the total, maximum and minimum
miles by using different formulas.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics are the same for
earlier versions of Excel.
- How to calculate the sums of several rows and columns at one time by
using AutoSum for the entire range.
- How to select a data range and calculate a total by using a formula.
- How to select a data range and find the maximum miles by using a formula.
- How to select a data range and find the minimum miles by using a formula.
- How to use Cell Styles to differentiate between input cells and calculation
cells with formulas.
- How to hold a Ctrl key and select ranges for several separate sets