Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Visualization G, Charts and Sparklines
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom In this exercise in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom shows how to use charts and sparklines to visualize information.
As an example Peter uses data for efficiency improvements in different departments of a company over three years.
Exercise If you want to try the exercise yourself, please download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
Content This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to add percentage to numbers in a selected range.
- How to select the range for a chart, also when the parts are separated.
- How to change the name of a chart.
- How to select several charts.
- How to top align charts.
- How to make charts horisontally distributed.
- How to add sparklines in a column to the right of the data.