Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
O – Pivot Table and Chart, Percentage
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom creates a
pivot table and a chart that show orders and customers for the twelve
months of the year.
Peter creates two pivot table views, which reflect in the chart. One of
them shows the order trend over time, and the other one shows the orders
for each customer in percent of the total.
At the end of the demo Peter shows how to answer questions about orders of
different months by sorting and filtering the columns in the Excel table
and by adding a Total row to the table.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are
the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to create a pivot table to summarize data.
- How to create a view in a pivot table.
- How to insert a line chart that visualizes the pivot table view.
- How to set Excel to show values in percent of the total.
- How to sort Excel table columns.
- How to filter Excel table columns.
- How to add a Total row to an Excel table.