Excel 2016 from Scratch
Copy Cell Data
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom shows different ways of copying information in Excel cells using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts.
Exercise If you want to try the exercise yourself, please download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
- How to copy and paste information in an easy way by using the Copy and Paste options in the Excel Clipboard ribbon group or by using keyboard keys.
- How to copy one cell and paste it into several cells at a time.
- How to use the keyboard shortcuts. For Example, Ctrl + c for Copy, Ctrl + v for Paste and Ctrl + z for Undo.
- How to find paste options by right clicking the cell you want to paste into.How to copy more than one cell and paste it.
- How to copy and paste with drag and drop by holding down Ctrl key.
- How to use use the Paste Special optionsand transpose the copied datal.
- How to remove borders, bold and italic.
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics are the same for earlier versions of Excel.