Excel 2016 from Scratch
Copy Cell Data
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter
Kalmstrom shows different ways of copying information in
Excel cells using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
- How to copy and paste information in an easy way
by using the Copy and Paste options in the Excel Clipboard
ribbon group or by using keyboard keys.
- How to copy one cell and paste it into several cells
at a time.
- How to use the keyboard shortcuts. For Example,
Ctrl + c for Copy, Ctrl + v for Paste and Ctrl + z for
- How to find paste options by right clicking the
cell you want to paste into. How to copy more than one
cell and paste it.
- How to copy and paste with drag and drop by holding
down Ctrl key.
- How to use use the Paste Special options and transpose
the copied data.
- How to remove borders, bold and italic.
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics
are the same for earlier versions of Excel.