Create Meetings Overview Page
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, is showing a way to
use SharePoint to automate taking meeting notes and handling
meetings and meeting decisions in general.
In the demo below Peter creates a new page that gives an
overview of company meetings. He uses the Content Search
web part and makes it search for all meetings entered as
items in lists using the meeting notes content type, which
he created in
an earlier demo.
Create a page that displays meeting items from different
- Add a page to the site where you want to show the
- When the new page opens in edit mode, insert the
web part Content Search in the Content Rollup category.
- Edit the web part and click on the 'Change query'
- In the query builder, select 'Items matching a content
type' and don't restrick by app. Restrict the search
to the meeting notes content type.
- Switch to Advanced Mode and click on SORTING to
sort the meetings. Peter sorts them after creation date
so that the most recent meetings are displayed on top.
- Make other changes to the web part, like how many
items should be shown, how many rows and what should
be mapped to the rows.
- Save the page.