Phone Messages Enterprise Solution – Managed Metadata
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
several earlier demos Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, has shown how to build
an application for automated phone messages in SharePoint.
In the demo below Peter shows how to add a managed metadata
column for department to the phone messages content type.
He uses a Departments term store already created in an earlier
demo, and to fully understand this article you are recommended
to first study two other articles:
Term Store and Managed Metadata
Add a managed metadata column to the phone messages
- In the Content Type Hub, click on the settings gear
and select Site settings.
- Click on the 'Site content types' link in the Web
Designer Galleries group.
- Select the group where your phone messages content
type is stored and then the content type.
- Click on the link 'Add from new site column'.
- Give the new column a name and select the column
type Managed Metadata.
- Specify a group for the new column, preferable the
same group as the other columns in this content type.
- Connect the column to a managed term set.
- Republish the content type.
It takes a little while, but then this column by default
will be available in all site collections where the phone
messages content type is used. It will not be visible in
the views, though. If you want to make this column visible
in a view, it must be added manually. This is described