Remove and Add “Get Started” Web Part
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
pages often consist of building blocks called web parts.
The web parts can be customized so that the content of each
SharePoint page suits your organization.
When you create a team site, the “Get started with your
site” web part will be added by default. “Get started with
your site” provides five quick links displayed as tiles,
so called promoted links.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, explains how to remove
the “Get started with your site” web part and how to get
This is what Peter explains in the demo:
- Remove the web part by clicking on the text “REMOVE
- Add the web part again by following these steps:
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page.
The page will open in Edit mode.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to add
the web part.
- Open the INSERT tab and click on ‘Web Part’.
- There are several categories. Under ‘Media and
Content’ you will find the ‘Get started with your
site’ web part.
- Select the web part and click on ‘Add’.
- Save the changes by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.