Remove and Add “Get Started” Web Part
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
pages often consist of building blocks called web parts. The web parts can
be customized so that the content of each SharePoint page suits your organization.
When you create a team site, the “Get started with your site” web part will
be added by default. “Get started with your site” provides five quick links
displayed as tiles, so called promoted links.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, explains how to remove the “Get started with your site”
web part and how to get it back.
This is what Peter explains in the demo:
- Remove the web part by clicking on the text “REMOVE THIS”.
- Add the web part again by following these steps:
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page. The page will open in
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to add the web part.
- Open the INSERT tab and click on ‘Web Part’.
- There are several categories. Under ‘Media and Content’ you will find
the ‘Get started with your site’ web part.
- Select the web part and click on ‘Add’.
- Save the changes by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.