Add images to a SharePoint page
A SharePoint tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
the demo below Peter Kalmstrom, CEO of kalmstrom.com Business
Solutions and Microsoft certified SharePoint specialist
and trainer, shows 6 ways to add pictures to a SharePoint
From SharePoint 2010 it has been easier to add images to
a page, compared to earlier versions. In SharePoint 2013
these are the possible methods. All require that the page
is in edit mode.
- Add an image directly to the page:
- Insert a picture from your computer.
- Insert a picture from a library in the same
SharePoint site collection.
- Insert a picture by giving the URL. Note that
it will be linked from that place, so if it moved
from there your image will disappear!
- Copy and paste a picture. Note that it will
be linked from the place where you copied it, so
if it moved from there your image will disappear!.
- Add an image to a web part.
Using a web part gives better possibilities to customize
how the image should appear on the page. Peter shows
two web parts that are suitable for pictures. You can
find both in the "Media and Content" folder.
- Image Viewer. Here you can give the URL to an
image within or outside the SharePoint collection.
- Picture library slideshow. This webpart lets
you show several images in a slideshow where the
images are switched automatically or when you click
The kalmstrom.com Tips section has a series of
SharePoint Links tutorials, where you can learn how
to add different kinds of links to your SharePoint pictures.
Welcome to have a look!