Start the Sandboxed Code Service
A SharePoint tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom A sandboxed solution that is uploaded to a SharePoint site collection, can only be activated if the sandboxed code service is running on the SharePoint server.
In the tutorial below Peter Kalmstrom, CEO of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions and Microsoft certified SharePoint specialist, explains how to start the Sandboxed Code Service.
Peter is using the Office 365 version of SharePoint 2013 Enterprise for this tutorial, and the solution he tries to activate is the kalmstrom.com Solution Kanban Task Manager. However, the Sandbox Code Service works in the same way for other SharePoint versions and solutions.
This is a typical error message when the activation failes:
The SharePoint sandboxed code service is found under Central Administration >Manage services on server.
These are the main steps to start the Sandboxed Code Service on a SharePoint server:
- Go into the Central Administration.
- Under System Settings, open 'Manage services on server'.
- Start 'Microsoft Foundation Sandboxed Code Service'.
- Open the Command Prompt and do an iisreset.
- Refresh the page where you wanted to activate a sandboxed solution and try again.