Manage Rental Agreements – Content Type
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article we gave an overview of tips where rental agreements are
the starting point. Now we will begin building the solution, and the first
step is to create a content type.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, creates a new content type with the site columns needed
for a rental agreements list.
Create a rental agreements content type
Now Peter can add the site columns he needs to the content type. He adds all
the columns to the same group.
- From the root site of a site collection, click on the settings gear and
open the Site settings.
- Click on the 'Site content types' link in the Web Designer Galleries
- Click on the Create link to create a new content type.
- Give the content type a name.
- Base the content type on the List Content Types and the Item. That will
give you a list with just a Title column, that will be used for the Name
of the rented location.
- Place the content type in a new or existing group and click OK.
The content type title field will be used for the name of the location that
is being rented.
- Square meters of the location that is being rented: a new site column
of the Number type.
- Start Date for the rental agreement: an existing site column.
- End Date for the rental agreement: an existing site column.
- Department that is renting the location: an existing site column.
- Renewal Date, by default two months ahead of End Date: a new site column
of the Date and Time type. (Peter makes a mistake in the demo and sets it
to Single line of text.)
- Responsible Person for the rental agreement: a new site column of the
Person or Group type.
next article we will describe how to add this content type to a list.