Manage Rental Agreements – Content Type
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article we gave an overview of tips where rental
agreements are the starting point. Now we will begin building
the solution, and the first step is to create a content
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, creates a new content
type with the site columns needed for a rental agreements
Create a rental agreements content type
Now Peter can add the site columns he needs to the content
type. He adds all the columns to the same group.
- From the root site of a site collection, click on
the settings gear and open the Site settings.
- Click on the 'Site content types' link in the Web
Designer Galleries group.
- Click on the Create link to create a new content
- Give the content type a name.
- Base the content type on the List Content Types
and the Item. That will give you a list with just a
Title column, that will be used for the Name of the
- Place the content type in a new or existing group
and click OK.
The content type title field will be used for the name of
the location that is being rented.
- Square meters of the location that is being rented:
a new site column of the Number type.
- Start Date for the rental agreement: an existing
- End Date for the rental agreement: an existing site
- Department that is renting the location: an existing
- Renewal Date, by default two months ahead of End
Date: a new site column of the Date and Time type. (Peter
makes a mistake in the demo and sets it to Single line
- Responsible Person for the rental agreement: a new
site column of the Person or Group type.
next article we will describe how to add this content
type to a list.