Columns for Date and Status
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
is often good to modify a default view so that it gives
more information about the files in a document library,
for example by adding columns with important metadata, and
by removing columns with uninteresting or repetitive information.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, shows how to add columns
for dates, status and number in a quotes library.
This is what Peter shows in the demo:
- The different options for a date column.
- How dates can be selected by users.
- How to create a Choice column.
- How a default value works in Quick Edit and Standard
- How to create a number column for currency.
- How to calculate the sum of the values in the number
- How to quickly add metadata in the Quick Edit view.