Kanban Task Manager
visualize and co-operate on projects and tasks
in Microsoft Outlook or SharePoint
|Color code tasks by project or responsible and drag and drop them between
phases – these are two of the benefits you get when using our kanban
board for Outlook or SharePoint.
With the Kanban Task Manager workgroup editions, all ongoing projects
and tasks can be seen in
SharePoint by all team members. The Outlook and SharePoint editions can
be used independently, but they may also be used within the same team.
There is also a
kanban board for Outlook, Kanban Task Manager Single. It can be
used by anyone to keep track of both private tasks and business tasks.
Kanban board visualizes the work process
Kanban is a Japanese word for "visual card", and it refers to a way of visualizing
work, to make it flow and reduce waste of time. The traditional Kanban board
has cards that tell what and how much should be produced and when it should
When managers get such a visual picture of the work process they can quickly
reveal bottlenecks and blockers. Less time is spent on trying to sort out
how projects are coming along, because everything is visible on the Kanban
Benefits of a virtual Kanban board
When we move the Kanban board into Outlook or SharePoint we get several advantages:
- We can give a nice, colorful user interface.
- It is easy to drag and drop tasks between different phases of
- You will have it all in front of you in the computer and don't have to
go to another place to see the work process.
- Color code tasks by project or responsible.
- No cards or pieces of paper are lost because they fall to the floor or
someone takes them away to make a note.
- Tasks are synchronized within the workgroup, so everything is
up to date and everyone can see what is happening.
- Tasks for multiple projects can be displayed in one Kanban board.
- You can filter tasks by project, responsible and/or priority.
- A details pane shows more info about the task.
- You can search both subjects and body texts of the tasks.
- Add a custom parameter besides project, responsible and priority.
- All data is kept in database tables or SharePoint lists and are easily
accessible by the management.
Statistics reports can be automatically generated to Excel. The data
can be studied and shown with all the features of Excel.
Kanban Task Manager is installed as an add-in in a folder under Outlook
Tasks or as a sandboxed solution or an add-in on a SharePoint site. When a
user opens that folder he can reach the workgroup’s different projects and
tasks. New projects and tasks can be created with a few simple steps.
Use both Workgroup editions!
The Workgroup edition of Kanban Task Manager for Outlook has an option
to share and store data in SharePoint, and this is the option used by the
SharePoint editions too. Therefore it is possible to use the Outlook workgroup
edition with one of the SharePoint editions, and members of the workgroup
can switch between the editions without problems.
This combination is suitable when there are several workgroups within the
organization. Even if users should prefer the Outlook edition, the management
can easily go into the different SharePoint sites and see project and task
details for all groups.
Medium and Premium subscription levels give you both organizational editions
of Kanban Task Manager – and more!