Use your Local Outlook with Office 365
An Office 365 tutorial by Peter Kalmström
this tutorial Peter Kalmström, shows how to set up a client
based version of Outlook to work with your Office 365 Exchange
mailbox. With such a set up you can work with Outlook in
your PC even if you are not connected to the internet. Your
local PC will synchronize with Office 365 once you are online
These are the steps to set up Outlook with Office 365:
By default Office 2013 and 2016 saves e-mails from the last
12 months on the computer. To change this setting, open
the Account Settings under the FILE tab and select the account
that you want to change. Click on Change and drag the bar
under the checked box for Use Cached Exchange Mode to the
desired value. Click on Next and Finish. The change will
take effect when you have restarted Outlook.
- Open Outlook on your PC.
- A. If it is the first time you use Outlook
you will directly be asked to set up an e-mail account.
Select the radio button Yes and click on Next.
B. If you are already using Outlook with another
account, click on 'Add account, under the FILE tab.
- Fill your name and your Office 365 user name and
- Click on Next. Now your Office 365 mailbox settings
will be detected.
- (You might have to enter the password again.)
- Click Finish when the green arrows are displayed.
- Now you are connected to your Office 365 account.