Add Users with a PowerShell Script
An Office 365 tutorial by Peter Kalmström
you add user accounts to Office 365 you can
add the users one by one,
or import users from a CSV
Another method is to add users to Office 365 with a PowerShell
script. The general benefits of using scripts are re-usability
and consistency. It is easy to make a mistake while typing
things in manually. Having a script that does the user account
setup, assures that it is done in the same way every time.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, shows how to get started
with the PowerShell method. However, you need to know or
learn some more about PowerShell to really find this tutorial
Steps to add a user to Office 365 with a PowerShell
- Download and install the Azure AD Module if you
don't already have it on your PC.
- Run PowerShell ISE as an administrator.
- Connect to the Azure AD which has the Office 365
- Create a new user, assign license and add location
and user properties.
- Press F8 to run the script and add the user. The
temporary password will be shown in the object.