SharePoint Online from Scratch
Add Picture from SharePoint
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
SharePoint pages have two web parts for image addition,
but the classic wiki page gives more options to customize
how the image is displayed. In two earlier demos Peter Kalmström,
CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions,
has shown how to
add a picture ‘From Computer’. and how to
add a picture ‘From Address’ to a SharePoint wiki page.
In the demo below Peter shows how to add a picture ‘From
Note that “From SharePoint” means “from this SharePoint
site collection”. Use one of the other two options if you
want to add a picture from another SharePoint site collection.
These are the steps to add a picture from the SharePoint
site to a SharePoint wiki page:
In the demo Peter is also showing how to:
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page. The
page will open in Edit mode.
the mouse cursor where you want to add a picture.
- Open the INSERT tab and expand the ‘Picture’ accordion.
- There are three options. Select ‘From SharePoint’.
- Browse to the picture you want to add. Select a
picture and click on ‘Insert’.
- The picture will be displayed on the page.
- Open the INSERT tab and expand the ‘Link’ accordion.
- Select one of the options.
(In the demo Peter has selected the ‘From Address’
- Type or paste the URL in the address field.
- Click OK and then save the page.
- Click on the image and the link will open a
new web page in the same tab.
- Open the page in edit mode.
- Click on the image.
- Two new tabs - ‘IMAGE’ and ‘LINK’, will be visible.
- Click on the ‘LINK’ tab and check the box ‘Open
in new tab’.
- Save the page.
- Click on the image and the link will open in
the new window.