Set up an Office 365 Trial
An Office 365 tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the first demo in the Office 365 from Scratch series Peter
Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business
Solutions, shows how to set up a trial of Office 365 Enterprise
It is a web based platform so you need to start in a web
These are the steps to set up an Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Type the web address Office.com in the address bar.
- On the Office Online page, click on 'Products' and
select 'Enterprise' from the dropdown.
- Click on the ‘Compare plans & pricing’ button.
- Click on the 'Free trial' button under the 'Office
365 Enterprise E3' option.
- Select country and fill out your name, business
email address and phone number and the company name.
- Select how many employees your company has. This
does not affect what features you will have access to,
as this was decided when you selected the subscription
- Click on ‘Just one more step’.
- Enter a user name. Note that this name cannot be
changed later. You can create new users, but they will
all have the domain you decide on here – unless you
create another account with a new domain, of course.
- Enter a password.
- Check or uncheck boxes to decide if and how you
want to be contacted by Microsoft.
- Click on ‘Create my account’.
- To prove that you are not a robot, you need to give
a telehone number for a call or text message. Click
on 'Text me/Call me'.
- Enter the verification code and click on 'Next'.
- Now the trial account is created. It may take 15
minutes before SharePoint is set up, but other parts
of Office 365 can be reached as soon as you see your
log in details and the text 'You're ready to go' on
the screen. Click on that text to continue.
- Even if all services are not set up yet, you can
now install the Office 2016 desktop apps or start adding
users to the new Office 365 tenant.