Update Imported SQL Data
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
previous demo Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, showed how to import
data from an SQL Server database to SharePoint Online.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström shows how to keep imported
data up to date.
Create a delete query
- Click on the Query Design button under the CREATE
tab and select the SQL database table.
- Click on the Delete button in the ribbon to create
a delete query.
- Save the query.
- Run the query to test that it removes the SQL Server
data from the SharePoint list.
Create a macro that runs two queries in sequence
A macro is a way to automate a task that you perform repeatedly
or on regular basis. It consists of a series of commands
and actions that can be stored and run when you need to
perform the task.
- 1. Click on the Macro button under the CREATE tab.
- 2. In the Action Catalogue, select the action,Open
Query? and the query that removes data.
- Select the action,Open Query? again and now select
the Add query to run.
- Select the action,Close the database.
- Save the macro.
Add a Run button
- Click on the Blank Form? button under the CREATE
- Click on the button icon and then in the form.
- Select the action Run Macro under Miscellaneous.
- Select the new macro you just created.
- Give the button a text and save the form.
- Click on Options under the FILE tab and select the
new form as Display Form for the Current Database.
- To test, close Access and open it again. Then click
on the button to run the query.