Update Imported SQL Data
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
previous demo Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, showed how to import data from an SQL Server database
to SharePoint Online.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström shows how to keep imported data up to date.
Create a delete query
- Click on the Query Design button under the CREATE tab and select the
SQL database table.
- Click on the Delete button in the ribbon to create a delete query.
- Save the query.
- Run the query to test that it removes the SQL Server data from the SharePoint
Create a macro that runs two queries in sequence
A macro is a way to automate a task that you perform repeatedly or on regular
basis. It consists of a series of commands and actions that can be stored
and run when you need to perform the task.
- 1. Click on the Macro button under the CREATE tab.
- 2. In the Action Catalogue, select the action ‘Open Query’ and the query
that removes data.
- Select the action ‘Open Query’ again and now select the Add query to
- Select the action ‘Close the database’.
- Save the macro.
Add a Run button
- Click on the ‘Blank Form’ button under the CREATE tab.
- Click on the button icon and then in the form.
- Select the action Run Macro under Miscellaneous.
- Select the new macro you just created.
- Give the button a text and save the form.
- Click on Options under the FILE tab and select the new form as Display
Form for the Current Database.
- To test, close Access and open it again. Then click on the button to
run the query.