Link to an Alternate CSS File
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
When the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature has been activated
for the site collection and the SharePoint Server Publishing feature for the
site, you can use an alternate CSS file for the site.
You make the setting in the Master Page settings. In the demo below Peter
Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, explains
how to do it.
Add a custom CSS to a site
- Upload the CSS file to the Site Assets or to another location on your
- Click on the settings gear and select Site settings.
- In the Look and Feel group, click on the link 'Master page'.
- Expand 'Alternate CSS URL'.
- Select the 'Specify a CSS file' option and browse to the location where
you uploaded your CSS file.
- Check the box for subsite inheritance if you want all subsites to use
the CSS file.
- Click OK.