Link to an Alternate CSS File
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
When the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature
has been activated for the site collection and the SharePoint
Server Publishing feature for the site, you can use an alternate
CSS file for the site.
You make the setting in the Master Page settings. In the
demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of
kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, explains how to do it.
Add a custom CSS to a site
- Upload the CSS file to the Site Assets or to another
location on your SharePoint site.
- Click on the settings gear and select Site settings.
- In the Look and Feel group, click on the link 'Master
- Expand 'Alternate CSS URL'.
- Select the 'Specify a CSS file' option and browse
to the location where you uploaded your CSS file.
- Check the box for subsite inheritance if you want
all subsites to use the CSS file.
- Click OK.