Add a Links App
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
can add links to a SharePoint page, but a rather nice way
of doing this is to add a list that is designed for links
and place the links there.
In this Links tutorial in the SharePoint Online from
Scratch series, Peter Kalmström, shows how to add a
Links app to a page and work with this links list in SharePoint
2013 on Office 365.
Add a links app to a SharePoint page
- Open the Site Contents or settings gear and click
on ‘Add an app’.
- Find the app called Links and click on it.
- Type the name you want to give to your links app
and click on ‘Create’.
Change the display of the links app
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page. The
page will open in Edit mode.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to add the
- To add the links app in a table, open the ‘INSERT’
tab and expand the ‘Table’ accordion.
- Select the size of the table.
- To insert the web part in the table, open the ‘INSERT’
tab and click on ‘Web Part’.
- Under ‘Apps’, select your newly created links app
and click on ‘Add’.
- Save the page.
Add links to the links app
In this demo Peter is also showing how to make his links
app visually more appealing.
- In your new web part, click on ‘new link’.
- Enter the address in the URL field and give it a
- Click on Save.