Add a Links App
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
can add links to a SharePoint page, but a rather nice way
of doing this is to add a list that is designed for links
and place the links there.
In this Links tutorial, Peter Kalmström, shows how to add
a Links app to a page and work with this links list in SharePoint Online.
Create a links app
- Open the settings gear and click on Add an app.
- Find the app called Links and click on it.
- Type the name you want to give to your links app
and click on Create.
Add the links app in a table on a SharePoint wiki page
- Click on Edit on the top right of the page. The
page will open in edit mode.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to add the
- Open the INSERT tab and expand the Table accordion.
- Select the table size two columns and one row.
- Place the mouse cursor in the right column of the
table, open the INSERT tab and click on Web Part.
- Under Apps, select your newly created links app
and click on Add.
- Save the page.
Add links to the links app
In this demo Peter is also showing how to make his links
app visually more appealing.
- In your new web part, click on new link.
- Enter the address in the URL field and give it a
- Click on Save.