Find Unique Values in Excel
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
the demo below Peter Kalmstrom has imported a lot of data
from another system into Excel and wants to find all unique
values in one of the columns.
This is the process:
- Fit the column width to the content to get a better
overview of data.
- Remove any empty columns or rows.
- Format the datasheet as a table.
- Summarize the table with a Pivot Table in a new
- Drag the column you want to find unique values in
- Now you can see all the unique values.
Peter uses Excel 2013 for his demo, but finding unique values
this way is possible in earlier versions too.