Find Unique Values in Excel
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
the demo below Peter Kalmstrom has imported a lot of data from another system
into Excel and wants to find all unique values in one of the columns.
This is the process:
- Fit the column width to the content to get a better overview of data.
- Remove any empty columns or rows.
- Format the datasheet as a table.
- Summarize the table with a Pivot Table in a new sheet.
- Drag the column you want to find unique values in to ROWS.
- Now you can see all the unique values.
Peter uses Excel 2013 for his demo, but finding unique values this way is
possible in earlier versions too.