|15 April 2019
Version 8.0.23 released
- Fixed the default font issue on the kanban board.
|17 Jan 2019
Version 8.0.21 released
- A possiblity to show a kanban board in any Outlook tasks folder including the To-Do folder.
- Addition of a checklist template.
- Support for Outlook 2019.
- Outlook categories have been used for projects.
- A possiblity to customize the phase sequences.
- Removed the possiblity to create example data, as the new version can work with any existing Outlook task folder.
- Improved performance.
- An upgrade notification for future updates.
|28 Jun 2018
Version 7.0.25 released
- In the earlier version, attachments were disappearing from tasks and in the e-mail to task conversion process. This issue is fixed now.
|27 Apr 2018
Version 7.0.22 released
Blog post about this update
- A possibility to add a checklist for each task.
- A possibility to record time on each task.
- Daily Trend view. A view to display daily task statuses in a line chart representation form.
- Day Report view. A representation of task activities on a daily basis.
- The collapse and expand status of the horizontal swim lanes on the kanban board are preserved even after restart Outlook.
- Default values are set for 4 fields in new tasks. These values can be changed in the settings.
- Improved design of the kanban board and the details pane.
- Checklist count is displayed on the task cards.
- Kanban Task Manager will preserve the filters on the kanban board after Outlook restart.
|27 Oct 2017
Version 6.0.11 released
- Fixed an error which started occurring after Microsoft had updated a new Office version and disabled home page for Outlook folder properties.
|23 May 2017
||Version 6 released
- Implemented a completely new design of the
- Improved the user interface of the configuration
- Added a possibility of creating a new task
by the shortcut Ctrl + Enter.
- Enhanced the filter option by adding a possibility
to filter by multiple projects, and priorities.
- The filter controls are moved to a left
pane, to give more vertical space.
- The details pane is moved to the right pane to give more vertical space.
- Added a possibility to close the task and change percentage done from the details pane.
- Implemented some design changes in the
Kanban Task Manager database tables for
- Removed a possibility to use custom phases,
instead Outlook built-in status values
will be used always.
|22 Dec 2016
||Version 5 released
- Added a month view for open tasks.
This view has two options, a calendar and a
timeline where you will have an overview of
when tasks are planned to start and end. It
will be easy to drag and drop tasks to change
the start and end dates.
- Added a project view that shows a
graph on how much has been completed of each
- Added a completed graph on each task
showing how much of the task has been completed.
- Added a possibility to have more than
one column per phase on the kanban board.
- Added a Priority icons on the task
- Added a Task overdue indicator.
|06 Nov 2015
||Version 4 released
- Added a convert button, so that e-mails
can be converted into tasks on the kanban board.
- Open button in the Outlook mail view to
open corresponding task.
- Added support for inline images, bold and
italic text formatting in the tasks body.
- Support for Outlook 2016.
- WIP limits – a possibility to give a warning
if the number of tasks in a phase or lane exceeds
the number defined in the settings.
- Added a possibility to use status as a Kanban
Task Manager phase. For new installations this
will be the default option.
|09 Mar 2015
||Version 3 released
- Added swim lanes, so that you can group
tasks on the kanban board.
- Added a possibility to drag and drop tasks
between and within phases using the keyboard,
Ctrl + arrows.
- Implemented responsive design, which makes
the user interface adapt better to different
- Added a possibility to zoom into tasks and
- Added a new feature to search tasks without
hitting the Search button. Kanban Task Manager
starts searching automatically when you write
something in the Search field.
- Added apossibility to drag and drop tasks
by moving them with a finger, if you have a
- Support for a new language: Russian
- Fixed registration problem.
- Minor bug fixes.
||Version 2 released
- Added an Extra field option with
a customizable caption. Here each organization
can define their own component to add to the
tasks. A new table is created in the database
when a name is added in the Extra field in the
Configuration dialog. When a name is added,
each task will get one more dropdown field where
the extra field values can be selected, and
the selected value will be shown on the visualized
task on the kanban board. It will also be possible
to filter by the extra field parameter.
- Added the option to create Example data
for the evaluation.
- It is now possible to hide one or
more of the Kanban Task Manager phases,
for example the finished phase or if you have
many tasks on the kanban board.
- It is now possible to hide Projects
and Responsible persons. This is useful for
finished projects and responsibles that are
no longer active in the workgroup.
- The Delete icon on the delete button on
the visualized task has been changed into a
Close icon, and we give an option to
change the behavior of the button.
The Closed button will either delete or close
the task and save it in a pre-defined phase.
When a phase for this icon is specified in the
Kanban Task Manager settings, the button
will not delete tasks but instead move them
to the specified phase. That phase will probably
be hidden by the administrator, but this way
the tasks will still be present in the database
and used in the statistics.
- A details pane has been added at
the bottom of the screen. It shows more of the
task subject and description when you right
click on a task. Once the pane has been opened
you can move between tasks and see the pane
for each task.
- New design for the statistics Excel
- It is now possible to drag and drop tasks
within phases and not only between different
phases. The task ordering is maintained in both
- Improved performance.
- An issue with the Kanban Task Manager
ribbon group in the task has been solved..
- Some organizations behind a proxy server
got a premature trial over. Now Kanban Task
Manager can handle it.
- Fixed issues with non-English SharePoint
- Fixed the error when select any task on
the kanban board and press the 'Enter' key.
- In the earlier version, when a filter was
applied and the user pressed the key 'F5', the
tasks disappeared from the kanban board. This issue is fixed now.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Kanban
Task Manager for SharePoint.
- The design of the visualized tasks in the
kanban board is changed to match the Windows
8 style. This means that the shadows and
rounded corners are removed.
- There are two task sizes for the kanban
board. The bigger size is the default one,
but for workgroups with many tasks we give an
option to use smaller visualizations of the
tasks, so that more tasks can be seen on the
screen without scrolling. The smaller tasks
has no "card pin".
- Added a possibility to show the Priority
value on the visualized tasks on the kanban
- The kanban board has a dropdown for filtering
Handled a synchronization issue experienced by some
Reduced the time delay in updating the SharePoint
list when a change has been made from Outlook in
Now the Outlook version supports systems with Outlook
2013 64-bit + Windows 8.
Handled the scripting error some users experienced.
- The performance of Kanban Task Manager
has been enhanced, so that it works faster and
smoother and the risk of Outlook hanging is
- There is one single MSI for both 32-bit
and 64-bit Outlook.
- Kanban Task Manager now supports
- The task colors of the Kanban Task Manager
homepage are connected to either the responsible
or the project. That way the extra step
of setting color is avoided. There is an option
in the settings form for this. All colors in
the RGB range are supported.
- The tasks in the Outlook Kanban board have
new design and look 3D, and the Edit
and Delete buttons are displayed only when the
task is in focus.
- It is possible to add a new task directly
by double clicking in the desired phase area.
The selected phase will be displayed in the
task dropdown for phase, If the project and
responsible are already selected on the Kanban
board before the double clicking in the phase
area, both (project and responsible) will also
be displayed in the corresponding dropdowns
in the new task.
Search feature is added in the Outlook
Kanban board, to help users to search any task
through the task subjects and bodies.
- It is possible to add tasks from the
‘New Kanban Task Manager Task’ under
the Home Tab > New Items ribbon button.
- The speed of getting the latest changed
items from SharePoint has been increased to
ten times faster.
- The settings are now stored in a text file
in JSon string format, which is better than
the earlier xml as the settings are loaded
faster and easier.
- Variable text color: when the background
color of a task on the Kanban board is dark
the text color is white, and when the color
is light the text color becomes black.
- At the automatic synchronization only changed
items are synchronized, not the whole homepage,
which gives a faster synchronization.
Auto-complete instead of dropdowns for many
items. When the number of alternatives
for project, phase or responsible is more than
100 a dropdown is not the best alternative for
selection. Then the dropdowns are converted
into buttons. A click opens a dialog with all
the alternatives and a field of the auto-complete
- A new column named "Sequence" is added in
the Kanban Task Manager Phases table/list,
to make it easy for users to change the order
of phases through the database/SharePoint site.
- In the Settings form it is now possible
to edit any cell on a single click.
- The new Kanban Task Manager uses
Client Object Model to communicate with SharePoint.
It is comparatively faster than webservices,
that we used earlier.
- Kanban Task Manager now supports
multi-language for the SharePoint lists.
- A loader image is used wherever needed and
proper loading messages are given.
- Projects and responsibles are now displayed
in alphabetical order everywhere in the settings
and the new task dropdown.
- After installation or upgrade of Kanban
Task Manager , the settings form will not
appear by default when the database/SharePoint
already has Projects, Phases and Responsibles
values are filled out.
- If there are changes like password change
or change in database name, the old settings
are automatically filled out in the Sharing
Option form. This way the user does not need
to fill out all details if only the password
is changed or the connection is not set. Earlier
the sharing option form showed blank fields
and the user had to fill out all the entries
again. Now the user only needs to update the
changed value to make a new connection.
- Removed items: Interop.VBIDE.dll and jQuery
- In settings form for Projects, "Due Date"
is replaced by "Completed Date".
- In settings form for Phases, "Order" is
replaced by "Sequence".
- The task description is not shown in the
- Sometimes Outlook hung while writing an
- For a few users the Task ribbon and Email
ribbon sometimes disappeared.
- For MS Access and SQL server databases,
if a user selected a new database in the
Kanban Task Manager sharing option form
and a database already existed, the old database
was deleted and a new one created. Now Kanban
Task Manager gives a message that the database
- Sometimes the Project and Resposbile dropdowns
in the Kanban Task Manager homepage moved
from their positions and the Responsible dropdown
came before the Project dropdown.
- If phase names were more than 20 characters
the phase did not appear on one line in the
homepage. Now it is possible to have phase names
as long as the task width.
- A few users were getting problems when working
with two task items open in new windows.
- The Excel reports process should end when
the reports are closed. This is now handled
for all cases.
Blog post about this update
- Only changed entries in settings form are
saved to the database, not the unchanged ones,
for a quicker process.
- Kanban Task Manager now works with a SharePoint
task list containing a workflows.
- Added splash screen for waiting on Configure
- The Kanban Task Manager pane shows the waiting
process when a user clicks on the Sync all Tasks
button. At the same time the other Kanban Task
Manager buttons are disabled.
- When the date separator was not / or - and
an SQL Server database was used for sharing,
projects and tasks where not saved properly.
- A few users had problems with the Kanban
Task Manager dropdowns in the Outlook tasks.
They were empty or disappeared due to a connection
- The Excel reports are now working fine also
with Excel 2003.
|Kanban Task Manager released!