|Version 7 released
Blog post about this update
- Daily Trend view. A view to display daily task status in a line chart representation form.
- Day Report view. A representation of task activities on a daily basis.
- A possibility to add checklist for each task.
- A possibility to record time per user on each task.
- A possibility to set the default value for some of the task properties.
- The collapse and expand status of the horizontal swim lanes on the kanban board are preserved even after restart Outlook.
- Improved the design of the kanban board and the details pane.
- Checklist count is displayed on the task cards.
- An upgrade notification for future updates.
- A possibility to change the captions of the columns Lane and Project with the SharePoint sharing option.
- Kanban Task Manager will preserve the filters on the kanban board after Outlook restart.
|Version 6 released
Blog post about this update
- Implemented a completely new design of the kanban board.
- Improved the user interface of the configurations page.
- Added a possibility of creating a new task by the shortcut Ctrl + Enter.
- The assigned person's initials is now visible on each card.
- Implemented a possibility to change the assigned person from the details pane without opening the task.
- Enhanced the filter option by adding a possibility to filter by multiple projects, responsibles and priorities.
- The filter controls are moved to a left pane, to give more vertical space.
- Implemented a possibility to change the percentage done of the task from the details pane without opening the task.
- Implemented some design changes in the Kanban Task Manager SharePoint lists/database tables for improved performance.
- Users with limited permissions over the Kanban Task Manager lists cannot see the configure button with the SharePoint sharing option.
- Improved performance in the synchronization process.
- Removed a possibility to use custom responsibles with the SharePoint sharing option, instead the SharePoint built-in users will be used always.
- Removed a possibility to use custom phases, instead SharePoint/Outlook built-in status values will be used always.
|19 Dec 2016
||Version 5 released
Blog post about this update
- Added a month view for open tasks. This view has two options, a calendar and a timeline where you will have an overview of when tasks are planned to start and end. It will be easy to drag and drop tasks to change the start and end dates.
- Added a project view that shows a graph on how much has been completed of each project.
- Added a completed graph on each task showing how much of the task has been completed.
- Added a possibility to have more than one column per phase on the kanban board.
- Added Priority icons on the task cards.
- Added a Task overdue indicator.
- Handled permissions in a better way.
- Minor bug fixes.
|25 Jan 2016
||Version 4 released
- Possibility to use the status as a Kanban Task Manager phase.
This is the default option for new installations.
- Possibility to use the default Assigned To field instead of the
Kanban Task Manager Responsibles. (Applicable only with the SharePoint
- Possibility to use another tasks list than the default Kanban Task
Manager list. (Applicable only with the SharePoint sharing option).
- WIP limits – a possibility to give a warning if the number of tasks
in a phase or lane exceeds the number defined in the settings.
- Support for Outlook 2016.
- Fixed the swim lanes tasks count issue on the kanban board, when the
lanes are collapsed.
- Handled long phase names issue on the kanban board.
- Fixed priority issue for non English languages.
- Fixed loader image display issue with SharePoint sharing option.
- Fixed minor issues.
- A conversion button has been added, so that e-mails can be converted
into tasks on the kanban board with images and bold and italic text kept.
- Support for inline images in the task body.
- Support for bold and italic text formatting in the task body.
- Added an Open button on the Outlook mail view to open corresponding
task of the selected e-mail.
- Fixed slow Outlook startup issue with large number of tasks reported
by a couple of users.
|09 Mar 2015
||Version 3 released
- Added swim lanes, so that you can group tasks on the kanban board.
- Added a possibility to drag and drop tasks between and within phases
using the keyboard, Ctrl + arrows.
- Implemented responsive design, which makes the user interface adapt
better to different screens.
- Added a possibility to zoom into tasks and out again.
- Added a new feature to search tasks without hitting the Search button.
Kanban Task Manager starts searching automatically when you write something
in the Search field.
- Added apossibility to drag and drop tasks by moving them with a finger,
if you have a touch screen.
- Support for a new language: Russian
- Fixed registration problem.
- Fixed problem in synchronising with Kanban Task Manager for SharePoint
for other than English language.
|Version 2 released
- Added an Extra field option with a customizable caption. Here
each organization can define their own component to add to the tasks. A
new table is created in the database when a name is added in the Extra
field in the Configuration dialog. When a name is added, each task will
get one more dropdown field where the extra field values can be selected,
and the selected value will be shown on the visualized task on the kanban
board. It will also be possible to filter by the extra field parameter.
- Added the option to create Example data for the evaluation.
- It is now possible to hide one or more of the Kanban Task
Manager phases, for example the finished phase or if you have many
tasks on the kanban board.
- It is now possible to hide Projects and Responsible persons.
This is useful for finished projects and responsibles that are no longer
active in the workgroup.
- The Delete icon on the delete button on the visualized task has been
changed into a Close icon, and we give an option to change the behavior
of the button.
The Closed button will either delete or close the task and save
it in a pre-defined phase. When a phase for this icon is specified in the
Kanban Task Manager settings, the button will not delete tasks but
instead move them to the specified phase. That phase will probably be hidden
by the administrator, but this way the tasks will still be present in the
database and used in the statistics.
- A details pane has been added at the bottom of the screen. It
shows more of the task subject and description when you right click on
a task. Once the pane has been opened you can move between tasks and see
the pane for each task.
- New design for the statistics Excel reports
- It is now possible to drag and drop tasks within phases and
not only between different phases. The task ordering is maintained in both
- Improved performance.
- An issue with the Kanban Task Manager ribbon group in the task
has been solved..
- Some organizations behind a proxy server got a premature trial over.
Now Kanban Task Manager can handle it.
- Fixed issues with non-English SharePoint languages
- Fixed the error when select any task on the kanban board and press
the 'Enter' key.
- In the earlier version, when a filter was applied and the user pressed
the key 'F5', the tasks disappeared from the kanban board. Now it is fixed.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Kanban Task Manager for SharePoint.
- The design of the visualized tasks in the kanban board is changed to
match the Windows 8 style. This means that the shadows and rounded
corners are removed.
- There are two task sizes for the kanban board. The bigger size
is the default one, but for workgroups with many tasks we give an option
to use smaller visualizations of the tasks, so that more tasks can be seen
on the screen without scrolling. The smaller tasks has no "card pin".
- Added a possibility to show the Priority value on the visualized
tasks on the kanban board.
- The kanban board has a dropdown for filtering of Priority.
Handled a synchronization issue experienced by some users.
Reduced the time delay in updating the SharePoint list when a change has
been made from Outlook in any task.
Now the Outlook edition supports systems with Outlook 2013 64-bit + Windows
Handled the scripting error some users experienced.
- The performance of Kanban Task Manager has been enhanced, so
that it works faster and smoother and the risk of Outlook hanging is minimized.
- There is one single MSI for both 32-bit and 64-bit Outlook.
- Kanban Task Manager now supports Office 2013.
- The task colors of the Kanban Task Manager homepage are connected
to either the responsible or the project. That way the extra step of
setting color is avoided. There is an option in the settings form for this.
All colors in the RGB range are supported.
- The tasks in the Outlook Kanban board have a
new design and look 3D, and the Edit and Delete buttons are displayed
only when the task is in focus.
- It is possible to add a new task directly by double clicking in
the desired phase area. The selected phase will be displayed in the
task dropdown for phase, If the project and responsible are already selected
on the Kanban board before the double clicking in the phase area, both
(project and responsible) will also be displayed in the corresponding dropdowns
in the new task.
Search feature is added in the Outlook Kanban board, to help
users to search any task through the task subjects and bodies.
- It is possible to add tasks from the ‘New Kanban Task Manager
Task’ under the Home Tab > New Items ribbon button.
- The speed of getting the latest changed items from SharePoint
has been increased to ten times faster.
- The settings are now stored in a text file in JSon string format, which
is better than the earlier xml as the settings are loaded faster
- Variable text color: when the background color of a task on
the Kanban board is dark the text color is white, and when the color is
light the text color becomes black.
- At the automatic synchronization only changed items are synchronized,
not the whole homepage, which gives a faster synchronization.
Auto-complete instead of dropdowns for many items. When the
number of alternatives for project, phase or responsible is more than 100
a dropdown is not the best alternative for selection. Then the dropdowns
are converted into buttons. A click opens a dialog with all the alternatives
and a field of the auto-complete type.
- A new column named "Sequence" is added in the Kanban Task Manager
Phases table/list, to make it easy for users to change the order of phases
through the database/SharePoint site.
- In the Settings form it is now possible to edit any cell on a single
- The new Kanban Task Manager uses Client Object Model to communicate
with SharePoint. It is comparatively faster than webservices, that we used
- Kanban Task Manager now supports multi-language for the SharePoint
- A loader image is used wherever needed and proper loading messages
- Projects and responsibles are now displayed in alphabetical order everywhere
in the settings and the new task dropdown.
- After installation or upgrade of Kanban Task Manager , the settings
form will not appear by default when the database/SharePoint already has
Projects, Phases and Responsibles values are filled out.
- If there are changes like password change or change in database name,
the old settings are automatically filled out in the Sharing Option form.
This way the user does not need to fill out all details if only the password
is changed or the connection is not set. Earlier the sharing option form
showed blank fields and the user had to fill out all the entries again.
Now the user only needs to update the changed value to make a new connection.
- Removed items: Interop.VBIDE.dll and jQuery folder
- In settings form for Projects, "Due Date" is replaced by "Completed
- In settings form for Phases, "Order" is replaced by "Sequence".
- The task description is not shown in the Reports.
- Sometimes Outlook hung while writing an email.
- For a few users the Task ribbon and Email ribbon sometimes disappeared.
- For MS Access and SQL server databases, if a user selected a new database
in the Kanban Task Manager sharing option form and a database already
existed, the old database was deleted and a new one created. Now Kanban
Task Manager gives a message that the database already exists.
- Sometimes the Project and Resposbile dropdowns in the Kanban Task
Manager homepage moved from their positions and the Responsible dropdown
came before the Project dropdown.
- If phase names were more than 20 characters the phase did not appear
on one line in the homepage. Now it is possible to have phase names as
long as the task width.
- A few users were getting problems when working with two task items
open in new windows.
- The Excel reports process should end when the reports are closed. This
is now handled for all cases.
Blog post about this update
- Only changed entries in settings form are saved to the database, not
the unchanged ones, for a quicker process.
- Kanban Task Manager now works with a SharePoint task list containing
- Added splash screen for waiting on Configure button click.
- The Kanban Task Manager pane shows the waiting process when a user
clicks on the Sync all Tasks button. At the same time the other Kanban
Task Manager buttons are disabled.
- When the date separator was not / or - and an SQL Server database was
used for sharing, projects and tasks where not saved properly.
- A few users had problems with the Kanban Task Manager dropdowns in
the Outlook tasks. They were empty or disappeared due to a connection issue.
- The Excel reports are now working fine also with Excel 2003.
|Kanban Task Manager released!