|02 May 2016
- Support for Outlook 2016.
15 Apr 2015
||Version 3.0.79 released
- Removed the upgrade warning message.
- Fixed issue with in-line images and attachments
path in the Publish To Web Pages
- A possibility to propagate database path/database
connection information via Active Directory.
- Performance improved.
- Added new icons.
- Some organizations behind a proxy server
got a premature trial over. Now KBase
can handle it.
- Fixed issues with non-English SharePoint
- Fixed minor bugs.
|Version 3 released.
We have made a total re-build of the kalmstrom.com
knowledge base application. If you use KBase
today you will still recognize the application,
and you can do what you did before, but by changing
the architecture we have made KBase better
suited for future development and more stable. Several
new features have also been added.
The Outlook part is now simpler and easier to work
with, and by introducing new sharing options we
have given users more opportunities.
No need for Outlook form
Version 3 of KBase no longer depends on the
Outlook form, which may create problems. Instead
the KBase articles are standard Outlook post
item that has been given two hierarchic dropdowns,
one for category and one for type. Many types can
be associated to each category, and when a category
is selected in the article the type dropdown will
be populated with the associated types.
No need for public folder/shared mailbox
With earlier versions you had to use a public folder
or shared mailbox to share the articles within the
workgroup. Now Microsoft is planning to cut down
on support for public folders, and shared mailboxes
also have their disadvantages.
Several sharing options
Version 3 of KBase instead has a local
installation that loads data from both Outlook and
a source outside Outlook. This source can be an
Access database, an SQL Server database
or a SharePoint site.
The rebuild has allowed us to give KBase V3
the following new features and enhancements:
- Preview window. The KBase
articles may be seen in an Outlook preview window,
just like e-mails.
- Support for the 64-bit version of
Outlook 2010. Earlier KBase only supported
the 32-bit version.
- Support for the 32- and 64-bit versions
of Outlook 2013.
- Support for Windows 8.
- Add custom fields easily from the
new settings form.
- Add new categories and types easily
in the tree view of the new settings form.
- The earlier folder homepage is not needed.
Instead the KBase buttons can be found
in the Outlook ribbon.
- The KBase articles may be exported
to web pages, and the web user interface has
a new and more modern design.
- When the SharePoint sharing option is selected,
KBase articles may be read, edited and
created in SharePoint and not only in Outlook.
Team members may actually use KBase V3
without even having it installed in Outlook.
- A more elaborate Search feature that
supports regular expressions and * searches.
The results is shown like in Outlook and
In KBase V3 the old VB6 coding has
been replaced with the latest version of the
more modern .NET technologies.
Users will not notice this directly, but with
.NET it will be easier for kalmstrom.com to
maintain and develop KBase in the future.
- In export to web pages and Excel KBase
V2 was giving an Outlook security warning.
This is fixed in V3.
- In KBase V2 was using a custom Outlook
form that sometimes created trouble in loading
and even got corrupt. V3 uses a standard post
- Problem with loading inline images
in article's body, now fixed in V3.
- New Feature: Export to Excel. Can be run
from the KBase installation folder or from the
Export to Excel button inn Outlook. If run from
the installation folder it can also be used
for other Outlook folders.
- New background and logo in KBase Archive.
- New design of the KBase homepage
- Clicking on the Browse button in the setup
made the installer crash some users.
- The Browse button in KBase Archive exe was
not working properly, so some users had to paste
- Some users were getting errors when
they clicked on the Generate button in KBase
- In KBase archive exe a link was showing
kalmstrom.nu instead of kalmstrom.com
||The file KBaseArchive.exe was giving an Outlook
security prompt. Now it will not give it if installed
with kalmstrom.com products. Also a runtime error
||Update due to change of digital signature