|Centrally installed files:
|Client Tool files:
Latest revision history
|20 Aug 2016
||Version 14.1.32 released
- A completely new design of
the HTML views.
- A possibility to display
the actual e-mail received date, instead of
the ticket creation date in the ticket form.
- New design of the sharing
- Fixed a few random errors.
|02 June 2016
||Version 18.104.22.168 released
- Added three more views for
- Kanban View
- Month View
- Pie View
- Fixed a minor issue in adding/editing FAQ.
- Fixed a design issue of Folder HelpDesk
ticket form on PCs with high resolution.
- Improved deleting multiple open tickets.
|04 March 2016
||Version 22.214.171.124 released
Enhancement: Support for Outlook 2016.
- Fixed a couple of issues related to the
Folder HelpDesk Outlook view.
- Minor bug fixes.
|16 June 2015
||Version 126.96.36.199 released
- Fixed plain text formatting issue when add
any email to an existing ticket.
- Fixed minor design issues in the print multiple
- Fixed an issue in adding FAQ to the ticket.
- Handled a few minor errors reported by a
- Added buttons to convert Outlook appointments
and tasks into Folder HelpDesk tickets.
- Better support for shared mailbox.
- Responsive design in the Folder HelpDesk
- Improved performance and stability.
- Better support to run Folder HelpDesk in
the Terminal Server environment.
- Fixed error in remapping Folder HelpDesk
server folder path.
- Fixed issue with the registration due to
missing reference from a system dll, reported
by a few users.
- Fixed issue in deleting several tickets
from Outlook with the shared mailbox - It was
deleting from Outlook sometimes but not in the
- Fixed Tab index issue in the Folder HelpDesk
- Shortcut button was not working for the
first time when no Folder HelpDesk Outlook folder
has been mapped, now fixed.
- Fixed issue in live monitoring with the
Outlook shared mailbox - Folder switch was needed
every time to start automatic e-mail conversion
with the shared mailbox.
- Days was always appearing in the English
language in the Excel statistics report, now
- Implemented a possibility to show the search
results page wise in the Search Closed Tickets
- Improved performance of the maintenance.
- Implemented new Excel designs.
- New icons.
- Fixed registration problem reported by a
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed some minor errors.
- Fixed creation of unwanted subfolder under
the Folder HelpDesk Outlook folder.
- Now it is possible to convert automatic
e-mail replies, like "Out of office" or "Delivery
failed" messages to the Folder HelpDesk
- Now it is possible to include the attachments
in the ticket when you convert an Outlook fax.
- Now it is possible to disable the saving
of attachments and sent/received e-mails into
the database at ticket closure.
- Added a loader symbol on closing and re-opening
- Problem in adding attachments to the ticket
when convert such emails which have been sent
using Outlook Web App.
- Now it is possible to convert auto reply
emails to a Folder HelpDesk ticket.
- Improved performance in database operations.
- Fixed some minor errors reported by single
- The space key did not work in any textbox
on the Folder HelpDesk ticket form.
- Handled error in saving ticket to the database
when attachment associated with the ticket has
single quotes in its subject.
||Two bug fixes:
– Problem in the Excel reports for users with SQL Server 2005 and below.
– Problem in search closed tickets when there were many tickets to search.
||Version 13 released
- Support for the 64-bit version of
Outlook 2010. Earlier Folder HelpDesk
only supported the 32-bit version.
- Support for the 32- and 64-bit versions
of Outlook 2013.
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Hungarian.
- A new ticket form – a standard
Outlook post item, including all the Outlook
editing options. This makes Folder HelpDesk
more stable to work with, and using a standard
Outlook item is better for future development.
It also gives you all the Outlook formatting
options right there in the ticket.
- Possibility to make a call from inside
the ticket via Skype or any other desktop
calling application that supports the callto
- A more elaborate Search feature that
supports regular expressions and * searches.
The results is shown like in Outlook and
- Possibility to generate Excel reports
on ticket data.
- A new settings dialog, to make it possible
to rename incident types and categories
– and also other values – without getting problems
with the statistics of old tickets. The old
tickets will just take the new category name,
and the statistics and search can continue as
- In earlier versions of Folder HelpDesk
the settings had a tab for maintenance.
These functions are now moved outside the settings,
so that access to the settings may be
restricted without harming the possibility to
use the maintenance.
Instead a button to reach the maintenance
dialog has been added to the Folder HelpDesk
toolbar in the Outlook ribbon.
- In earlier versions of Folder HelpDesk
a message about opening the ticket was always
shown after manual conversion of an e-mail.
Now we have added a checkbox with the option
“remember my choice” in this dialog.
If that box is checked and the user answers
Yes to open the ticket after conversion,
Folder HelpDesk will remember the choice
and not show the message anymore. (It may be
changed in the Settings, tab Ticket form settings.)
- The earlier Folder HelpDesk dialog
for search of closed tickets gave three possibilities:
to search by, Incident type, Responsible or
Free text. To search for ticket ID in the Free
text gaveirrelevant hits, so we added a separate
field for searching by only ticket ID
to make the search quicker and more efficient.
- Enhancement of the Search closed tickets
– possible to expand the dialog more than the default 800x600 pixels. All
controls auto-expand to fit and make use of
– possible to use the tabulator function to move between fields.
– a message is shown when the search is unsuccessful.
- Extended attachment setting for outgoing
e-mails. Two checkboxes instead of one.
One of the checkboxes applies to auto-emails
and the other one to answers to callers sent
from within the Folder HelpDesk tickets.
This way attachments may be included in the
e-mails to callers sent from the tickets but
excluded from the automatic e-mails.
- E-mails and attachments will be saved
in closed tickets
In V13 attachments will be saved with the ticket
in the database, and when a closed ticket is
When an SQL Server database is used with
Folder HelpDesk the e-mails and attachments
will be saved directly in the database.
The Access database has a limited capacity,
so organizations who use this database will
instead have their closed ticket attachments
in a separate subfolder in the Folder HelpDesk
server folder, where Folder HelpDesk
will fetch them when tickets are re-opened.
When the option "Save e-mails in subfolders"
is selected for E-mail history, all sent and
received e-mails will also be saved in the same
way as the attachments.
- Checkbox for automatic removal of subfolders
when a ticket is closed This option applies
to users who save e-mail history in subfolders.
- Checkbox for KBase
In V13 you no longer will need to give the path
to the knowledge base in the Folder HelpDesk
settings. Instead you only have to check a box
if you want to use KBase. Folder
HelpDesk will find the KBase folder
and place any articles created from closed tickets
- Removal of the dependency on Office Web
- New registration method. Now registration
is done with a key + an e-mail address with
the company domain.
In Folder HelpDesk V13 we have
replaced the old VB6 coding with more modern
Users will not notice this directly, but with
.NET it will be easier for kalmstrom.com to
maintain and develop Folder HelpDesk
in the future.
- In certain cases the automatic conversion
of e-mails did not work poperly.
- Problem with inline images and attachments
- Sometime an error occurred when editing
- FolderHelpDesk.exe continued to run in the
task manager even after Outlook was closed.
||A few bug fixes and enhancements:
- The first closed date of the ticket will
be tracked instead of the latest closure. This
means that Hours open will be calculated between
creation and first closed time. Later reopeings
of the ticket will neither affect the Hours
Open value nor update the database and reports.
- Email type or .msg type attachments are
now added to the ticket just like other e-mail
- A bug in the search feature made it check
only the first 255 characters of the ticket
body. Now the whole ticket body will be searched.
- Inline images in RTF emails on non English
operating systems were showing as an attachment
to the ticket when the email was converted into
a ticket. Now they will be shown just like in
- After installation of the client tool setup,
Folder HelpDesk is now available for
all users on the same pc, even if they have
different log in details.
||Update because the Client Tool MSI setup was
showing the wrong .NET frame work download URL
|31 May 2012
||Version 12 released. New name: Folder HelpDesk
- New design of the default ticket HTML body
- Full support for RTF type emails. Now inline
images of RTF type emails are shown in the ticket
- Option to only show current Caller tickets
when adding an e-mail to a ticket manually.
- Custom general subject in Manual e-mail
to caller template.
- Custom general subject in FAQ answers
- Notification to Responsible also on manual
addition of e-mail to ticket.
- Use of .NET technology in the client tool
- Folder HelpDesk web tickets pages are now
.NET pages, but we also support ASP for current
- Folder HelpDesk deletes the ticket subfolder
at time of Ticket Close or Ticket Delete (applies
to e-mail history in subfolders).
- Created date added in OLAP Reporting Tool,
so now users can view reports for ticket created
- Improved design of the default HTML templates.
- HTML editor for HTML templates added.
- A "To" field has been added in Sent Emails
and Received emails tabs in the ticket dialog
- Right clicks in the Sent and Received tab
of the ticket dialog now also give the options
Open and Delete.
- When a user selects Copy by right clicking
the Sent and Received tab of the ticket dialog
there is an option to select destination folder.
- When users convert emails manually with
Folder HelpDesk the ticket created date will
be the email received date.
- The Example data tickets also have the new
tickets style in the HTML body
- The ticket info HTML tag was removed in
emails to responsible and in notification emails.
- When a ticket is created manually, and the
creator selects to open the ticket, Folder HelpDesk
opens it in the same Outlook Explorer. Earlier
the ticket was opened in a new instance of Outlook,
but several users did not like that and asked
for a change.
- Attachments and inline images are now included
in automatic email to caller when ticket is
- Hyperlink in the Folder HelpDesk ticket
dialog body will work now.
- Fixed formatting issue in the ticket body,
sometimes a line break was removed or added.
- When a user opened a ticket that were closed
before custom fields were added there was an
- Inline images was not showing in some cases.
- The view is not longer refreshed at each
folder switch or Outlook restart.
- If the option “Save emails in ticket body”
was checked and a user created a new ticket
and saved it and opened it again multiple times,
multiple entries were shown for each Save button
click. Now the correct info is given.
- When an image was added to a ticket manually
sometimes it was not added to ticket after ticket
reopen. This was coming in Outlook 2007 and
- The automatic resizing of the HTML part
of the ticket is now working fine even if the
user has added multiple custom fields.
- If PFHelpDesk.exe was closed in the FolderHelpDesk
Outlook folder due to an error and the user
switched folder and came back again to the FolderHelpDesk
Outlook folder, there were two toolbars at the
right hand side for Outlook 2007 and below
- If a ticket was open more than one day the
value for Hrs open was not showing correctly
in OLAP Reporting Tool
- When a user sorted by any field in the Outlook
view, FolderHelpDesk grouped by that field and
lost its original group by value. Now the Folder
HelpDesk view stays even if users sort by an
Outlook view within the Folder HelpDesk view.
- When a user printed a ticket a blank email
item without subject was created in the "Draft"
folder. That item is still created, but it is
deleted automatically right after the printing.
|22 July 2011
||Version 11.3, compatible with Office 365.
- FolderHelpDesk now works without a home
- Option to include attachments in outgoing
caller e-mails added.
- To avoid conflict messages, if ticket is
already open by one user for others it will
open in read only mode.
- To avoid overwriting settings by mistake,
the FolderHelpDesk Example Data will not create
example tickets if Settings are already present.
- GUI is removed from FolderHelpDesk Example
Data, so now OWC is not necessary for installation
of Example Data.
- Run time error when printing multiple tickets.
- Now attachments are visible when user
send manual e-mails
- Live monitoring was not working on all client
Outlook 2010, because there was a path different
for Public folder in Outlook 2010. Now it will
work on all client Outlooks even on a mix of
2010, 2007 and 2003.
- E-mail folder live monitoring was not working
when users selected more than one e-mail folder
for live monitoring.
- When the option save e-mail history in ticket
body was saved, it was displaying the header
in English only.
|9 June 2011
||Update of v.11.2
- Removed newly added stored procedure support
in SQL Server database due to stored procedure
permission issue. It was not coming automatically
but the admin needed go give permission on each
stored procedure. This did not work well, so
we will make this automatic in a later version.
For now this support for stored procedure was
- Due to new a Office 2010 update PF HeloDesk
was giving a security warning when a user went
into the Outlook FolderHelpDesk folder or run
FolderHelpDesk Settings. This is fixed.
- The Client tool upgrade was not working
well for some users. This is also fixed.
- SQL Azure add custom fields in database
gave error by FolderHelpDesk Settings saving,
|30 May 2011
||Version 11.2 released:
New features and enhancements:
- Support for a new, cloud based database,
Microsoft SQL Azure.
- PFHelpDesk now fully supports Russian.
- Addition of ticket ID and Status in the
statistics. application, OLAP Reporting Tool.
- New FolderHelpDesk icons for “Create ticket”
- If scripting is not enabled in public or
shared folder and a user tries to install FolderHelpDesk,
the setup gives a message about allowing script
with a link to a faq on how to enable scripting.
- In the new installation the setup will check
if OWC is installed or not. If not installed
the installer gives a message and a link to
- If the setup does not find the client tool
or there is update in the client tool, the installer
will install/update the client tool in silent
- Dependency of Windows common control is
removed from the FolderHelpDesk setup.
- FolderHelpDesk now supports Unicode network,
Outlook path and name.
- Now FolderHelpDesk works well with IMAP
email account for live monitoring.
- The FolderHelpDesk ticket
dialog will no longer ask to save changes if
nothing is changed to the ticket.
- FolderHelpDesk will now
ask to create a few tickets instead of giving
an error in the Statistics if there are no tickets
present in the database.
- In Outlook 2010 users were not able to create
tickets from appointments and tasks. Now the
toolbar button is added in Calendar and Task
- FolderHelpDesk setup upgrade and repair
did not fix missing custom user properties of
the FolderHelpDesk Outlook folder and Outlook
- When users opened a new instance of Outlook
the FolderHelpDesk Outlook toolbar did not work
in the first Outlook instance.
- Sometimes users saw Outlook post item instead
of the ticket form due to slow database connection
- If user switched quickly from the
FolderHelpDesk Outlook folder to any other folder,
then PFHHelpDesk.exe asked to select PFHelpDesk
- In the FolderHelpDesk Settings Caller tab
when a user clicked on a Responsible cell the
dialog was not showing the present value but
the first value.
- If a user selected an email and then selected
attach email to a ticket and then selected ticket
id and pressed close(x) of the form FolderHelpDesk
gave an error
- When a user selected an email and clicked
on create ticket and then clicked cancel or
closed the dialog, PFHelpDesk.exe kept running
in the background and after that might create
trouble in Outlook shot down or when user selected
the FolderHelpDesk Outlook folder.
- In case of FolderHelpDesk Client tool upgrade,
FolderHelpDesk gave a message to install the
client tools instead of prompting to upgrade
- Running Maintenance utility from PFHelpDesk
Settings > Advance>Maintenance > “Fix
those tickets that were closed from Outlook
but appear open in database.” set closed flag
for all tickets in database - now only manually
deleted from Outlook tickets are marked
as closed in database
- Empty tickets creating in database is fixed
- The item has been moved or deleted. #-2147221238
Sub routine : IsTicketEmail Fixed error, error
was due slow outlook reaction
||FolderHelpDesk V12.1 released.
- A checkbox "Don't do auto-conversion from
this account" is added in the FolderHelpDesk
Settings, Email Folders tab. If you check this
option, live monitoring will not work from this
PC. It will still work from other PCs.
- Attachments may be added by drag and drop.
- A default file name (the name of the attachment)
will be given when the attachment Save As function
- Possibility to Print screen and paste it
into the FolderHelpDesk ticket body. Ctrl +
V does not work yet, but you can either press
the Paste button in the HTML editor toolbar
or right click and select the Paste option from
the context menu.
- The Open Ticket button is hidden if it cannot
be used. If a ticket ID is present in the e-mail
subject, the Open ticket button will be visible
in the toolbar. If there is no ID in the e-mail
subject, the button will be hidden.
The Open Ticket button now also works for caller
- Ticket attachments will be added into outgoing
e-mails (i.e. Forward, automatic response, manual
emails). Due to a limitation in Redemption they
are not displayed in the e-mail preview, though.
- It is now impossible to drag and drop files
into the ticket HTML part. (Earlier users could
drag and drop files over the ticket HTML part
and after that the web browser redirect to the
- When an e-mail with an inline image was
converted, or when an image was added to the
in ticket body from the HTML editor, the image
was visible only to the user who created the
ticket or added the image. Now those images
will be visible to all FolderHelpDesk staff.
- The manual add email to ticket feature has
been changed, and no subfolder will be created.
Earlier it was not always working well.
- At creation of new ticket or opening of
existing ticket, sometimes the ticket opened
in the back ground and not in focus. Fixed now.
- The Swedish Responsible views were not correct,
as they were grouped by Time instead of Responsible.
- For online ticket creation, if the date
format was different on the web server and the
FolderHelpDesk PC, sometimes FolderHelpDesk
showed wrong created date (change month into
day and day into month). Fixed now.