Development plans for E-mail Converter
These are some enhancements we wish to give E-mail Converter.
The priorities are fluent, but if you like a feature and
wish to make it reality soon,
you are very welcome to
- Support for all SharePoint field types (currently
only Text and Choice). This is a big project that will
take time. We will probably have to take some field
types one or two at a time.
- The E-mail Converter installer will create
a mapped list in the selected SharePoint site, for the
administrator to use as it is or customize.
- Possibility to create new Outlook fields
and get them transferred to any SharePoint field.
- Automatic e-mails. Workflows for automatic
e-mails can be created in SharePoint, and we even have
a manual for it, but creating a workflow is rather complicated
and we would prefer to add the possibility to send automatic
e-mails into E-mail Converter.
- Possibility to manually create tickets from several
e-mails at the same time by using the Ctrl button
with the Create ticket button.
- Possibility to have e-mails marked as read
after ticket creation.
- Possibility to manually add an e-mail to an existing
ticket instead of creating a new ticket from it.
This feature is for the cases where the automatic e-mail
threading does not work, for example if the e-mail subject
does not have a ticket ID.
- Possibility to have E-mail Converter automatically
open manually created tickets
- Make it possible to include CC in the e-mail
- Add a feature that enables E-mail Converter
to set any custom value in SharePoint on a new
item when it is created.
- Make it possible to delete the ticket associated
with a selected e-mail directly from Outlook, without
having to go to the SharePoint list.
- View selection for the Statistics and the
Merge ticket feature: we will give the option to select
view from the available SharePoint views and then populate
only the tickets shown in this view in the Statistics/
Merge tickets list.
- E-mail threading will be a per list
setting. Now the check box applies to all lists.
You are welcome with your own suggestions on how to improve
E-mail Converter! We are grateful if you use the
support e-mail for this, and the more you can describe
how you want it to work, the better. You can leave technical
solution to us, just tell us how you want to use your new
- Possibility to use E-mail Converter with
We plan to build simple web-interface for both our issue-tracking
solutions wherein the user can view and update his/her
own tickets. In addition to that we hope to give users
the ability to record audio updates as well as upload
images directly from their mobile phones.