Create Meetings Search Vertical
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, is showing a way to use SharePoint to automate taking
meeting notes and handling meetings and meeting decisions in general.
In earlier demos Peter has created content types for meeting notes and action
points and then used them in lists for meeting notes and action points. He
has also created a new page that gives an overview of company meetings.
In the demo below Peter creates a search vertical for meetings in the SharePoint
Search Center. Search verticals are common in search engines, as they give
users a possibility to only see hits of a specified type. When you use the
Global Search, the results are displayed in a Search Center page which has
four default search verticals: Everything, People, Conversations and Video.
You can reach the Search Center by searching for Everything, People or Conversations
in the global search field.
Peter starts by creating a new page from the Search Center, so that the new
page will use the Search Results page layout. When editing the new page he
also modifies the Refinement web part, so that it shows departments.
Create a search vertical for meetings in the Search Center
- Open the Search Center.
- Under the Settings gear, select Add a page. This creates another page
on the Search Center template.
- Give the page a name and click on Create.
- Edit the Search Results web part and click on the 'Change query' button.
- Select the query 'Items matching a content type (System)'. Do not restrict
by app or tag but restrict to the meeting notes content type. Click OK.
- Make other preferred settings to the web part and click on Apply.
- Edit the Refinement web part and click on the Choose Refiners button.
- Add the refiner owstaxidmetadataalltagsinfo and put it on top.
- Remove other refinders that are not needed.
- Change the display name of the owstaxidmetadataalltagsinfo tag to Department.
- Click OK and Apply the change.
- Publish the page.
- In the Search Center open the Site settings and then the Search settings.
- At Configure Search Navigation, add a link to the search vertical page
you just created.