Create Meetings Search Vertical
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, is showing a way to
use SharePoint to automate taking meeting notes and handling
meetings and meeting decisions in general.
In earlier demos Peter has created content types for meeting
notes and action points and then used them in lists for
meeting notes and action points. He has also created a new
page that gives an overview of company meetings.
In the demo below Peter creates a search vertical for meetings
in the SharePoint Search Center. Search verticals are common
in search engines, as they give users a possibility to only
see hits of a specified type. When you use the Global Search,
the results are displayed in a Search Center page which
has four default search verticals: Everything, People, Conversations
and Video. You can reach the Search Center by searching
for Everything, People or Conversations in the global search
Peter starts by creating a new page from the Search Center,
so that the new page will use the Search Results page layout.
When editing the new page he also modifies the Refinement
web part, so that it shows departments.
Create a search vertical for meetings in the Search
- Open the Search Center.
- Under the Settings gear, select Add a page. This
creates another page on the Search Center template.
- Give the page a name and click on Create.
- Edit the Search Results web part and click on the
'Change query' button.
- Select the query 'Items matching a content type
(System)'. Do not restrict by app or tag but restrict
to the meeting notes content type. Click OK.
- Make other preferred settings to the web part and
click on Apply.
- Edit the Refinement web part and click on the Choose
- Add the refiner owstaxidmetadataalltagsinfo and
put it on top.
- Remove other refinders that are not needed.
- Change the display name of the owstaxidmetadataalltagsinfo
tag to Department.
- Click OK and Apply the change.
- Publish the page.
- In the Search Center open the Site settings and
then the Search settings.
- At Configure Search Navigation, add a link to the
search vertical page you just created.